Sunday, August 14, 2022

Stray Cats in Lumphini Park @ Bangkok [Thailand]

Getting used to jogging almost everyday means I can't get really get rid of the activity even when I am overseas. Therefore, I was glad to see a big park on Google Map, near 
Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri in Bangkok, back when I was planning for my Bangkok trip

Result; a daily jog at Lumphini Park, Thailand's first public park, from day 2 to day 6 of my week-long visit. Many photos were taken using my iPhone and I decided on this separate post as something caught my attention.

The park has a lot of stray cats! Perimeter was almost three kilometers yet in just the above photograph, you can spot no less than five cats! I think my feline-lover friends would love to check out the park, despite the famously hot weather in Bangkok. 

Throughout the five mornings, I took numerous photographs and what I am sharing here were those that can still 'make' it. Some were blurred and there were times I was more focused on jogging than on seeing where the cats were.

I also didn't want to alarm them; furthermore, I don't speak the meow language and I bet the felines in Thailand were Thai trained, and not likely to understand English / Mandarin. 

While I don't know where their sleeping spots are, I did notice cat kibbles that were laid out on the floor. In Singapore, such move, while pretty widespread, is frowned upon as uneaten food would likely be ingested by pests (like pigeons, cockroaches). 

They always appeared to be so relaxed and carefree and this begets a question; parks are usually filled with dog owners and their canines. Aren't the cats afraid? 

Well, they don't have to be scared as Lumphini Park doesn't allow dogs, unless they are guide dogs for the visually impaired! I have heard of nature parks banning dogs, but not parks like this! In fact, right here in Singapore, dog owners would have likely petitioned for a dog run. 

For your viewing pleasure.
p.s. might have repeated cats! 


No comments:

Post a Comment