Saturday, August 06, 2022

SATS Premier Lounge @ Changi Airport Terminal 3 [Singapore]

I don't really splurge when I travel and to me, paying for airport lounges in Changi International Airport is a waste of money as there are already nice seating in the departure hall and plenty of things to see, eat and do in the renowned airport, given the limited time we are there. 

But when my credit card (Citibank PremierMiles) gave me two lounge access every calendar year, I am not going to reject their kind offer and therefore, here's my first visit to an airport lounge; SATS Premier Lounge at Terminal 3! 

Registration at the counter using my boarding pass, passport and membership (via the Priority Pass app which you have to download, install and register beforehand). You can bring non members in, at a charge of US$32.

Stepping in, you would see a lot of plush, classy sofa chairs made of luxurious looking leather. As one of the best airports in the world, Changi International Airport prides on delivering comfort for travelers; hence, the chairs in the lounge didn't wow me. 

However, there were sections reserved for those who would love to catch up on some sleep, with dim lights and slightly better privacy. I envy those who can sleep anywhere as I am those who need a bed to have a restful sleep; that's why I can't stand long flights (and I can't afford to upgrade too). 🤷‍♂️

Those hoping to relax their tired body can get the massage chairs to help them! I think there were two sets and I forgot to check out the brand. My focus that day was fixated on the key advantage for airport lounge access.

Yes, the food and beverage section! This would be the greatest motivation personally, especially when F&B outlets within the airport attached a premium to their pricing and I frequently fly with budget airlines, where meals are not provided as part of the basic ticket sale.

Get ready your plate and prepare to indulge! You have the warm food section, where I found ayam bakar balado (spicy chicken), baked cream snapper, kaiser vegetables, roasted chicken thigh, cheese mashed potato etc.

There were also cereals, bread, with lurpak butter and jam. You may use the mini toaster nearby to toast and warm your bread, if need be. 

Salad, ham, fruits, and even sandwiches! 

You see correctly; there is also a live station! More on that later as I want to talk about the drinks. Aside from fruit juices and canned drinks, there were also cans of Tiger beer! 

More alcohol but do drink sparingly. Unless you can really hold your liquor. You know you can be thrown off the plane if you misbehave. 

Need snacks to go with your tiger beer or liquor? 
Help yourself to the bar snacks! 

I am happier with the selection of hot beverages like espresso, cappuccino, latte and dilmah tea! As it can be a hassle going to the washroom on the plane, I must be mindful not to drink too much! 

Now, the live station.

It's a self-serviced live station and the dish is signature for SATS; laksa! Instructions were quite straightforward although I am unsure how long should I blanch the noodle? 10 seconds, 1 minute? 

I think I made a pretty decent bowl of laksa!
p.s. I would prefer lesser of the thick bee hoon though.

Cutleries tray.

Quite a lot of food, if you ask me! The laksa was so rich and tasty; definitely deserving its signature tag! The other dishes were quite average except for the spicy chicken which was flavorful. Sandwich cannot make it. 

Doing some work on the laptop and having some fruits to end the meal. The cut fruits would have been better if they were chilled. Before I left, I had to check out one last place. 

The shower rooms! Many people actually sign up for lounge access for three reasons; the ability to rest peacefully, the provision for food and access to the shower room to refresh your mind and body! 

Rainfall shower, with body soap, dryer and disposable combs. I forgot to ask the staff if they provide towels; I assume they would. It wasn't well maintained with a musty smell.

Since the toilets were opposite; might as well check it out. For a moment, my heart skipped a beat. Is that an electronic bidet control? Sadly, it wasn't working. =_=

No comments:

Post a Comment