Monday, August 29, 2022

Lumphini Park Morning Market in Bangkok [Thailand]

When I restarted jogging during the pandemic, I jogged to places in Yishun that I have never ventured to, despite living in the infamous town for more than 30 years!

An almost daily jog had become part and parcel of my life; even when I was in Bangkok! Even though I jogged to the same Lumpini Park in five out of the six mornings, there were always new areas or things that caught my eye. 

And I was surprised to chance upon a small, morning market that was smacked between heavy traffic along Ratchadamri Road and Lumpini Park.

Patronized by the locals, and inviting curious stares from tourists like myself, it had stalls mainly for fresh produce and cooked food and easily to navigate due to its small size.

As I am not a breakfast person, plus the fact that I am lazy to walk back the almost one kilometer back to Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri, I could only walk around and see see look look. On second thought, maybe I should have bought some fruits, given the large fridge in the hotel room. 

The aroma of cooked food is always so enticing! 

One man's meat, another man's poison. Some people love braised stuff whereas I am the few rare Chinese who couldn't stand the smell of strongly braised products like pig trotters.

Grilled is different and mooping (grilled pork) is easily my favorite Thai street food! Wait, did I see correctly? It's 5 baht a skewer?!?? 

=====

Location Map
As above. It was listed as permanently closed on Google Map but it was operational back in July.


No comments:

Post a Comment