Monday, August 15, 2022

Toilet with a View @ Mahanakhon King Power in Bangkok [Thailand]

The first thing many visitors to Mahanakhon King Power would do is to quickly go up and check out Thailand's tallest observation deck at 314 meters above ground, on the rooftop. 

That's what I did and as expected, many heads around; all jostling for a good spot to take that few perfect pictures for upload to the social media. But I found a less crowded area, although it's not 360-degree; the washroom on level 74! 

My objective was nature-based; I needed to pee. And my eyes widened when I pushed open the door; with length windows, the view ahead of me was stunning! Best of all, I was alone.

It was the golden timeframe for the observation deck, when people were trying to capture the sunset. Hence the very much reduced footfall on level 74., even though it was the first level visitors stepped out to from the high-speed elevator. 

If not for the glass, I would literally be one step away from death! Those who have company (I was alone as the rest had already taken the escalator down) could have a picture of them being plastered against the glass window. That would have been so cool. 

As the toilet didn't smell bad, I took the opportunity to loiter a bit longer to soak in the view. Surprisingly, I don't recognize the buildings here even though I had visited Bangkok more than ten times. A search on Google Map revealed that I have never been to this part of Bangkok. There was originally a plan to check out the green patch on the left but my Thai friend got COVID! 


No comments:

Post a Comment