Saturday, August 13, 2022

O'rio Western Food - 1/2 Spring Chicken @ Woodlands Block 371A Fair View Food Court [Singapore]

If not for a friend who lives and works nearby, I doubt I would ever step foot into Fair View Food Court at Woodlands Block 371A; it's one of many coffee shops hidden within the numerous housing estates we have in Singapore! 

This particular friend knew how much I love fried chicken and recommended me to check out O'rio Western Food which he said had been around for quite a while and was previously helmed by an elderly couple, whom had since passed the baton over to the child. 

Frankly, pictures taken were from my second visit to the stall. 
Ordered, made payment, and now, waiting for the pager to ring. 

The 1/2 spring chicken was supposed to come with rice but there's an option for fries. As I don't like baked beans, I had also requested for them to be removed. All the above for S$7.00.

Coleslaw tasted alright; merely serving as a guilt-reducer for the meat and fries I would be having although in itself, coleslaw isn't really that healthy with all the dressing! 

Unlike spring chicken from most places, the chef would chop it up into smaller pieces for ease of eating! As they are usually served right after a 'bath' in the boiling oil, I appreciated the gesture as it can be extremely hot to handle the chicken right away. It doesn't help if one also happens to be famished.

Given that it was my second visit, I think it's obvious that I liked what I had. To put it simply, this had the old school flavor back when fried chicken wasn't as complicated with all the herbs and special marinades nowadays, and all we need is just a dollop of ketchup or chilli sauce to complement the plain juiciness of the chicken. 

The skin is important though; and this was thin and crunchy with a batter that wasn't overly thick! Just the way I love it! Thick batter always makes the experience less enjoyable as it felt more jelak after a while.

Cleaned up the fried chicken, right down to the bones! It's a pity O'rio Western Food isn't that near to home; if not, it would be a weekly affair! Guess I would have to make do with the one at S11 near Yishun MRT station, which also serves great fried chicken, just that it's pricier given the location. 

=====

Address
371A Woodlands Ave 1, 
#01-01, Fair View Food Court
Singapore 730371

Map
As above.

Menu 
As above.

Pricing
1/2 Spring Chicken with Fries - S$7.00

No comments:

Post a Comment