Saturday, August 06, 2022

2280 Burger (Double) by Burger Labo @ Henderson Industrial Park [Singapore]

I have been raving about Burger Labo amongst my friends but its price tag for its single-patty basic burger, at S$25, is a bit hard for me to indulge on a frequent basis.

However, a friend shared that there's a wallet-friendly version that's also managed by Burger Labo. Located at Henderson Industrial Park, here's 2280 Burger! Why 2280? It's supposed to be "“the abattoirs’ international four-digit code for the beef neck cut", the part used as the burger patty! 

Compared to Burger Labo, the dining space at 2280 can accommodate much more people! 

If you are keen, you may also choose the counter seats that face the kitchen! Well, I don't mind checking out their cooking process if I am alone; not when I am dining with three other friends.

Order via the self-serviced kiosk! You don't have to fret over an extensive menu; there were only three types of burgers with two sides. The beverage list was longer with options for beer, milkshake, coffee, coke, tea etc.

Collecting my order when the order number flashed on the television screen! I was gunning for a burger single (100 gram patty) but reviewers were generally in favor of burger double for satisfaction.

My double happiness; the two thick beef patties, made from beef neck cut (hence its relevance to the eatery's name), stood out prominently. Thankfully, I have a large mouth and didn't foresee any problem biting down and enjoying all the layers! 

It's obvious from the above picture that the operator's objective was not to over-beautify a simple burger with colors and other ingredients; you have your essential buns, patties, onions, cheese and mayonnaise, which should be enough. 

Verdict: the first thing that ran through my mind was the meatiness of the double patties! They burst with juiciness and featured crisp edges! Maybe because there were so much meat; the taste of the buns was correspondingly weaker.

Interestingly, the sweet onions and chilli sauce played a bigger role in enhancing the overall experience, providing my tastes buds with tastes of more than just plain beef.  

It was a decent burger no doubt, although couldn't hold a match to Burger Labo. After taking a few bites, I actually told my friend the burger tasted just like my first time having Big Mac at McDonald's. Not meant to be an insult as that was the first burger in my life.

Burp! Personally, a single patty at 2280 would be preferred but if I have the cash, I would splurge it for the epic yet plain sounding basic burger at Burger Labo.

Shoestring Fries - crisp with soft filling! I think I have been 'infected' by Jovyn as I would crave for fries nowadays, and that would be disadvantageous for my starch-restricted diet! 

Sweet Potato Fries -  thick and crunchy perfectly complemented by the sweetness of the sweet potatoes! Should I attempt to make it at home?! There must be an air-fryer recipe out there! 

=====

Address
213 Henderson Road, #01-10, 
Henderson Industrial Park, 
Singapore 159553

Map
As above. 

Operating Hours
Lunch - 11.00 am to 3.00 pm
Dinner - 5.00pm to 9.00 pm
(Closed on Sundays)

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Burger Double - S$13.50
Shoestring Fries - S$4.00
Sweet Potato Fries - S$6.00
(Inclusive of GST)

No comments:

Post a Comment