Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Thai Style Fried Bananas @ JODD Fair Night Market in Bangkok [Thailand]

Bananas are one of my favorite fruits and I especially love them when deep fried! In Singapore, digging into a deep fried banana is always a nice conclusion to a meal. 

In this recent visit to Bangkok, I chanced upon a stall at JODD Fairs that sold deep fried bananas. Not all bananas are deep fried the same; even in Singapore, there are differences between the Chinese and Malay. 

The fried banana in Thailand was more the Malay style; albeit with a sweet batter and sprinkled with sesame seeds that added a layer of nutty aroma when you bit through. Anyway, I had to get a pack that cost 50 baht.

Being accustomed to associating yellowish bananas with ripeness, it could be disturbing to see those bunches of green bananas. Whatever the case, maybe they were placed there only as decorations while continuing with their ripening process.

One bag; about 9 slices of fried banana.
Slices, not whole bananas. 

I touched and I already knew this would be a disappointment.
There was no heat, meaning it was deep fried quite a while ago.

Texture was soft, lacking the crisp I have always enjoyed! The taste was actually okay, with a light sweetness from the banana and batter. If only they were served piping hot. 

=====

Location
Bangkok, Thailand.


No comments:

Post a Comment