Sunday, January 09, 2022

Day Three of My Four-Night Ocean Getaway Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas #royalcaribbeancruise


Detailed Postings for the Day

I sure wish to be greeted by this soul-relaxing view every morning and can understand why some people can sign up for back to back cruise for months! If you are interested, there's even an ultimate world cruise by Royal Caribbean that stretches 274 nights across over 60 countries!  

Money is an issue for me and I guess I would have to be satisfied with just a cruise to nowhere out to South China Sea, and close to the little red dot. 

Crawled out of bed for breakfast and this time, it shall be the Main Dining Room (Icon American Grill) where we could be better pampered with fine dining service. Pity the food failed to make my morning better. 

I have to follow up with a short visit to Windjammer buffet line where I could grab a bit of snacks and load myself with two bowls of cold and sweet watermelon and cantaloupes!  

Hot day and I didn't plan for any activity. If you have been following the blog, I covered a ton of things on day two and it's time for me to really enjoy the cruise on a slower pace. 

So, I decided to make use of the balcony in my stateroom and watch the fleeting clouds, the never-changing horizon and the occasional ships cruising past. Boring it sure was but it's been a while since I could just lie down on the sun lounger and do practically nothing. 

And I got freeplay on Homescapes; good time to level up! In the past, I used to be obsessed with Candy Crush too but Homescapes eventually took over. I am now at over level 8,000 and to think that I was just at level 2,000 less than 3 years ago. 

Time for Windjammer again; this time for lunch.

What's the best place to be at when it's freakish hot, you didn't want to have a bad tan and hopefully with no children screaming at your ears? Solarium shall be your humble refuge. 

Absolutely therapeutic! 

Smiley face at the bowl of the cruise ship! I explained previously here that it's not a helipad but a pad "for evacuees to be winched (pulled up) into a hovering helicopter instead".

Rainbow across the feet! 
Simple pleasures of life make me happy.

Sticker on each table; reminding users to keep the face mask on between masks! And the staff were very diligent in ensuring you mask up and I initially wondered why they were making such a big deal about it. It's only after my cruise that I realized that most staff were not vaccinated then. 

Spending the afternoon taking time-lapsed videos on the balcony, and relaxing. Check out the collection of time-lapsed videos I took during the cruise, here on youtube


Time to hit the gym


And what follows the gym? A run along the jogging track on deck 15 of the cruise ship! Weather was still warm but it was about 6.00 pm and it wasn't as harsh as the mid-day sun.

See the bent wooden rail? Someone was using it to be the anchor point for his resistance band and I must say that guy was strong; to the extent that the security personnel noticed and came over to give him a lashing! Totally deserved it. 

Seemed like a sleepy and lull day for the cruise ship. Most people appeared to be holed up in their staterooms and the general area was relatively quiet. and not crowded.

Fine dining dinner at The Grande Restaurant! Dishes were hits and misses but two things stood out; the amazing cheese platter and the delightful waitress, Mei Feng! 

Cocktail of the day; Woo Woo! It's a citrusy drink that likely had a pomegranate base but thankfully, didn't have that much of its iconic sourness.

Solarium at night; bar was closed, pools had a net over them. Hot tubs were still open though and since temperature was way lower after sunset; it's nice to soak in the warm, bubbling hot tub! 

Travel mate wanted a snack and the best place to visit after 10.00 pm would be Sorrento's Pizza and Café Promenade! I am mindful of my food intake and hence, only took up the offer of hot chocolate; still sinful but at least less so given that I am not having pizzas, sandwiches etc.


=====

No comments:

Post a Comment