Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Day Three Breakfast at Main Dining Room (Icon American Grill) @ Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas (Cruise to Nowhere)

I didn't enjoy the meal at the main dining room on day one of the cruise and this meant a resistance to visit on day two, especially when you can also stuff yourself crazy at Windjammer, Seaplex Dog House, Sorrento's Pizza and Café Promenade.

But the allure of fine dining beckoned and we found ourselves back at Main Dining Room (Icon American Grill) on day three, for an authentic American breakfast! 

The atmosphere on day one was tense as many people had just boarded the cruise and were hungry as hell. Furthermore, it was already dark and the place wasn't as well lit as in the morning, where the windows provided great illumination with the relaxing picture of the ocean right beside us.

Do you know your table etiquette? I actually didn't learn it in school but read somewhere that you start with the cutleries outside but it can be confusing when there are many pieces. Above setup looked easy.

OMG; a basket of bread! I love bread yet am mindful of the potential destruction for my diet! Heck, I am on vacation and shall indulge myself with just one small piece. 

A cinnamon danish it shall be. Sadly, it was cold and hardly kick start my appetite for the day. Truthfully, most of the bread I had at Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas were cold and the best I had was at most lukewarm; taste wise, not fantastic too and hence, not worth the calorie intake.

Eggs Your Way - my fried eggs with sauteed mushrooms, sausages and hash brown. Again, they failed to impress, with the juicy sausages being the highlight for me. My sunny side ups were okay, just that I crave for chilli to go with them. 

French Toast - described as "two slices of thick-cut brioche dipped in our signature batter and cooked until golden brown", I was hoping this would turn my breakfast around. 

They were disappointing; extremely different from the Asian style French toast I am accustomed too, which is a lot more sinful. Put it bluntly, the inside would likely be wet / oily. Saving grace was the given maple syrup and even then, I could only stomach one slice.

Fruit Platter - the one thing I looked forward to having every time I am at the main dining room. Served cold yet tasted deliciously fresh, I absolutely dig the watermelon and cantaloupe! p.s. I can get both fruits at  Windjammer too! 

=====

No comments:

Post a Comment