Monday, January 03, 2022

Old Rochor Beancurd - Its Durian Branch @ Foch Road, Hoa Nam Building, Jalan Besar [Singapore]

I knew there was an Old Rochor Beancurd shop at Hoa Nam Building along Jalan Besar and frequently bypass by the shop whenever I visit the nearby 
Cheng Mun Chee Kee Pig Organ Soup eatery.
 
On New Year's Eve however, I noticed a temporary setup right outside the shop. Now, that's not surprising since such temporary arrangements are common, especially for seasonal products like durians that are limited for just a few months a year.

Honestly, I have been craving the king of fruits ever since the season ended in September but the prices for this short season are just exorbitant! My will was weak when the lady manning the counter persuaded that one box, at 400 grams, was only priced at S$40 and I can return if the durians were no good. 

My mind crumbled and I caved in; got a box and was about to eat right outside, at a ledge near the entrance of Hoa Nam Building when the same lady said I could eat inside Old Rochor Beancurd! Turned out the sale of durians was under the same company! 

Creaminess smeared through the sides of my teeth with a stinky yet luxuriously delicious taste permeating within the inner walls of my mouth; sweet with some having a light bitterness. They didn't disappoint although mom would have feedbacked that the durians, said to be from the cat mountain king species, should have been more bitter.

Seeds were majority flat and small and while I was craving for more; I don't think my wallet would agree to spending another S$40 to load up the calories on a rainy day that would deter a jog to offset the calorie-count.

Seven durian seeds in total; I actually saw with my own eyes, when they weighed the box and I actually got a better deal since the box I purchased was 427 grams! 

=====

Address
27 Foch Rd, #01-03,
Hoa Nam Building, 
Singapore 209264

Map
As above. 

Number to Check
WhatsApp at +65 9624 7282.

No comments:

Post a Comment