Saturday, January 08, 2022

Old School Urinal @ Beauty World Plaza [Singapore]

I take my toilet business seriously, more so for number 2 than number 1.However, the topic today focuses on the "vessel" for number 1 and it came about as I was surprised that it still exists in modern-day Singapore.

The above photograph would be no stranger to the many males who reside in Singapore; a long row of urinal in the toilet. For some places, you may even find partitions between the urinals for privacy, and some said, protection.

Hence, imagine my amusement at the view in front of me, right before I stepped into the male toilet at Beauty World Plaza. That's something I haven't seen for a long time in Singapore! 

A bare-for-all urinal that was common when I was a primary / secondary school kid. Maybe I am the ignorant one as I am unsure if the situation remains "unchanged" in the primary / secondary schools now.

For one, I dislike such urinals; it offers no privacy and hygiene is an issue, especially towards the tail-end of your liquid release when the less powerful trickle might splash onto your shoes, or worse, pants / legs! 

To avoid that, there's a tendency to go closer towards the metal splashguard but it's a no-win scenario as there's still a risk of your urine bouncing off and landing on your pants / shirts. As kids, there's another risk, coming from the popular adage "boys will be boys".  

Some naughty ones will purposely stand close to you and intentionally aim their tool towards the landing point of your release and releases at the same time; meaning more back splashes that's literally hell for clean freaks! p.s. that's not even the worst scenario! 

No comments:

Post a Comment