Friday, December 03, 2021

Sorrento's Pizza and Café Promenade @ Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas (Cruise to Nowhere)

I am not a late night snacker but what if, in the rarest occasion, that I were to get hungry at midnight, and I am in the middle of the ocean, on a cruise ship?

At Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas, you would have two options and as they are side by side, and inter-connected, I guess I might as well just reviewed both of them at the same time. 

First is Café Promenade; it's an outfit that operates 24 hours, which means you could grab something as late as 4am or as early as 6am, before Windjammer, the buffet restaurant, opens. 

Selection wasn't huge but you would get stuff like assorted cakes, tarts, jellies sandwiches, sliders, cookies, which would help towards reducing the hunger you have at those ungodly times! 

Tea selection as above! I am not too sure about coffee but I am aware that for beverages like latte, mocha etc, there will be a charge. For the others, including the tea selection, and the food that I share in the above paragraph; they were already covered in your cruise ticket.

It pays to eavesdrop some times; I heard you can request for hot cocoa mix! To up the flavour, ask for hot milk before throwing in the sachet of chocolatey content! 

What I had at 9pm; a cup of hot tea with black forest cake and the pickled relish egg salad sandwich (a slider is actually a small sandwich). Nothing spectacularly delicious, except for maybe the pickled relish egg which you can hardly go wrong with. Slider bun was too hard for my liking. 

Now on Sorrento's Pizza - unlike Café Promenade, this operates only from 11.30am until 2.00am but I think people remember it better as it's a pizzeria and has a lot more seating compared to Café Promenade.

You can get salad too! Not that I tried any as I am more a meat and thrash food person when I am on vacation. I will prefer to "suffer" when I am back to the daily grind. 

If my memory serves me right, I remember there were about four to six types of pizzas at any one time, and they range from pepperoni, cheese, vegetarian to carnivore. 

Nothing beats pizzas, fresh out from the oven! 

Pizzas the way I like them; stretchy cheese with thin, crisp crust! The only thing lacking, in my opinion, would be onions but that's more a personal thing. If you see me baking my own pizzas at home, you would likely be surprised on the amount of raw onions I use.

=====

No comments:

Post a Comment