Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Jogging Track on Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas (Cruise to Nowhere)

Jogging is one exercise I have been continuously doing since the start of the pandemic and given that I don't have a gym membership; the activity usually takes place around my neighborhood.

Back when I was deliberating if I should join my friend for a cruise on Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas (Cruise to Nowhere); one of the questions that popped out was where I can jog. To be honest, I personally dislike using the treadmill. 

Thankfully, there's a jogging track on deck 15 of the cruise ship! Even though I don't prefer loops when I am jogging, it's still much preferred over the treadmill. 

As indicated on the plan, one lap circled 553 meters and for my usual 5-kilometer jog, slightly more than nine laps would suffice. I tried using my apple watch to check the distance but maybe because the cruise was sailing; I got weird distances on two occasions. 

From the above photograph, would you know where the jogging tracks are? 
I thought it's quite obvious that the peach-colored route would be the tracks. However, many people love to block up the entire passage! Being the considerate man, and wanting to avoid any conflicts, my solution was to jog at strange hours; e.g. closer to midnight / sunny days. 

Sometimes, the paths would be too narrow; and for that, I would understand. Many people would gladly give way but well, you sometimes just need a few persons who decided not to, to spoil the day.

This section would be where the bow of the cruise ship is; which means you would likely be fighting against the wind that the ship is travelling towards! It was tiring yet strangely exhilarating.

On some days, you would see sun bathers but knowing Singaporeans in general, it's usually the younger generation and even then, many preferred to stick to the air-conditioned indoors. 

Due to safe management measures, many deck chairs were also folded up even though the numbers don't quite matter as the most I saw was an occupancy of about 30% and even then, they were not used for sunbathing. 

Every day, I will say hi to the 30-foot tall pink polar bear! 
It always seemed to be waiting for me to jog past. 

=====

No comments:

Post a Comment