Friday, January 07, 2022

Day Three Dinner at Main Dining Room (The Grande Restaurant) @ Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas (Cruise to Nowhere)

There were four fine dining-venues for our complimentary meals at 
Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas and the choice we made for dinner on day three shall be The Grande Restaurant as people seemed more focused with American Icon Grill and Silk on Deck 4!

Interior design for The Grande Restaurant reminded me of Chinese restaurants on a crossroad; wanting to mix Chinese opulence with Western elegance. Whatever the case, I had a blast of a time here. 

All thanks to the main waitress assigned to our table; the ever so cheerful, and energetic Mei Feng! While service from the other waiter / waitresses wasn't bad, the one provided by Mei Feng felt, simply put, genuine.  

Well, the bread was still cold! 

Crab and Asparagus Soup - honestly, more like a thickened, egg drop soup and it's frustrating to realize "the lump crab" as described in the menu was just pieces of artificial crab stick! 

Artisan Cheese Plate - when my travel mate suggested getting this for sharing, I was skeptical since I am hardly a cheese lover and didn't think I had ever craved for cheese in my life.

Past tense was used as I had a change in perspective and even though there were three types of cheese; the one that struck my heart was the flavorful blue cheese with its signature aroma lingering in the mouth! What sealed the deal were the grapes, the walnuts and the fig and date chutney; absolutely perfect when eaten together with the blue cheese! 

Lasagna al Forno
- my first lasagna was from Pizza Hut, back when it offered pizza buffets. That first experience was still deeply memorable and the taste remained the benchmark whenever I have lasagna. 

This wasn't the best and could have been cheesier. Saving grace was the generous amount of minced beef inside! Maybe I should consider making my own lasagna, especially since a friend had passed me his miso pork lasagna recipe.

Bananas Foster - this was an absolute visual decadence with sautéed bananas swimming in caramel sauce. A sinful dessert no doubt but a bit over the sweetness for a middle-aged man.

Crème Brûlée - can always ignore the tasteless biscuit on top which was merely decorative! Unlike perfect crème brulée, the caramelized sugar crust layer wasn't in one large piece. Vanilla custard also failed to impress; texture wasn't smooth and taste lacked creaminess. 

=====

No comments:

Post a Comment