Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Nic & Tom Eatery Again - Fruit Tea and Pork Wrap @ Serangoon Garden [Singapore]

I had been wanting to go back to 
Nic & Tom Eatery (at Serangoon Garden) after my first visit with the Great Kon and Alex, and finally did so a few weeks ago! 

It's a definite I would go for the tuckshop rice and the cheese bee hoon, which I had reviewed in the earlier post here! Interestingly, the tuckshop rice failed to impress me this time and I guess it had to do with the special sauce that made it so delicious the first time round.

Fruit Tea - this kind of beverage would have been usually ordered by my mom but no, I requested for it as it was a warm day and I didn't just want the common sweet drink! Packed with fresh fruits and mixed with honey, the yuzu infused tea was a refreshing respite from the hot weather.

Pork Wrap - chef recommended, my first thought of this dish was its similarity to the Korean barbecued pork belly with lettuce wrap, and maybe that of gourmet bak kwa from Bee Cheng Hiang

There was even the sauce for you to top the meat before wrapping it up with the lettuce. I would have found it difficult to swallow such a large piece of pork belly but fret not; the pairs of tongs and scissors would be helpful! 

Meat was tender, well marinated and grilled perfectly with the charred bits I love so much. Remember to put the sauce, which was in fact a garlic based chilli that bettered the experience. Don't downplay the role of the lettuce; they added a texturizing crunch and reduced the guilt level for being a healthier companion for the sinful meat.  

=====

For address, check out my original post here

Pricing
Fruit Tea - S$7.90
Pork Wrap - S$9.90
(Subject to GST)

No comments:

Post a Comment