Monday, January 10, 2022

PS.Cafe - A Building in a Building @ Raffles City Shopping Centre [Singapore]

The relaxation of safe management measures and allowing up to five persons to dine means I have been meeting my friends quite often over the festive period leading up to the new year. And from the look of it, this happy yet sinful activity would continue until lunar new year! 

Anyway, today's focus is P.S. Cafe; a local brand founded in 1999 and had since expanded to ten different locations in this little red dot. I have found memories of that place, especially its Dempsey branch which felt almost overtaken by lush greenery.

This branch at Raffles City shopping mall, right outside City Hall MRT station didn't disappoint, visually. With a black and white colonial house theme, featuring high ceiling and a green wall centerpiece, you don't feel like you are in already in a building! 

I was late for the meetup and quickly ordered as a few of my friends already had their meals served to them! Menu is online for easy reference but do keep in mind that prices were not reflected. 

Truffle Shoestring Fries - mention PS. Cafe and people who have been there would likely rave to you about their truffle fries. Even for me, the first time I had truffle fries, and fell in love with them, was at PS. Cafe.

Standard didn't drop over the years and they were still incredibly addictive; loving that irresistible burst of truffle and the flavor of parmesan cheese as I chewed through the fries' crispiness!

Sticky BBQ Ribs - I love ribs and haven't had them for quite a while; if memory serves me right, the last time I had a decent one should be at Morgansfield's

Want to know what's my thought when this was placed on my table? A small slab of ribs for S$36?!?! To be honest, P.S. Cafe is not known to be wallet-friendly although I can't fathom why they couldn't have just listed their menu prices on their website. 

Decent tasting ribs that wasn't as delicious as Morgansfield's and definitely couldn't hold a candle to the best, Naughty Nuri's! The sauce did enhance the palatability though.

I am so not going to waste food! 
And it cost me S$36, before taxes! 

Double Chocolate Blackout Cake
- chocolate lovers would need to have a go for this aesthetically appealing dessert! A cake would be so boring; so why not let it swim in a pool of dark chocolate sauce?! 

With just a light touch of dark chocolate bitterness, it tasted so rich, with moist texture luxuriously coated with the sinful sauce! Who has the recipe?

Sticky Date Pudding - presented in almost the same way as the double chocolate blackout cake, I have to be honest here. The usual me wouldn't have ordered this as it seemed like a strange combination for date and pudding.

OMG this was even better than the double chocolate blackout cake! Pudding felt like fruit cake but with a fluffier texture, and dates instead of utterly sweet processed fruits. Sauce was toffee (to my simple taste buds, it was simply caramel) and a perfect match for the date pudding. 

=====

Desserts were cleaned up, as evidenced by the above photo, and I think I should just concentrate on just the truffle fries and the cakes for future visits as the mains were a tad expensive and I don't think my wallet can bear the spending to try any more mains! 

Service was amazing; water was served at no charge and promptly filled up throughout our meal. p.s. love the above picture; glass on top of the P.S. Cafe coaster. 

Address
252 North Bridge Road, 
Singapore 179103

Website

Pricing
Truffle Shoestring Fries - S$16.00
Sticky BBQ Ribs - S$36.00
Double Chocolate Blackout Cake - S$16.00
Sticky Date Pudding - S$15.00
(Subject to Service Charge and GST)

No comments:

Post a Comment