Saturday, January 22, 2022

Satay Bee Hoon @ Chong Pang Hawker Centre in Yishun (Singapore) #chongpanghawkercentre

For the longest time ever, I remember that the only hawker food sold at Guan Heng Cooked Food is the Singapore style carrot cake but that's actually limited for only the morning shift. For night, it pivots to selling another popular local delight that draws a long queue whenever I am there for dinner. 

It's not something that I fancy and with so many good hawker fare within the food center; I didn't bother checking it out until my mom commented once that she wanted to have it once but the line was too long. Being the good son, I suggested going for an early dinner when I was on leave last week. 

Even though the stall had other noodles like mushroom minced meat noodles, fish ball noodles etc, it's their satay bee hoon that's signature. Since I am sharing with my mom, the medium portion at S$5.00 should be good enough. 

As the name suggests, there are two main ingredients; the noodle known as bee hoon and satay sauce! Visually, it isn't appealing and to me; if I am craving for satay, I would go for the authentic ones with meat on skewers! 

Granted I am biased but I did enjoy this satay bee hoon for its generous ingredients consisting of cuttlefish (crunchy, not rubbery), slices of pork, tau pok, kangkong and my least favorite, cockles! Sauce wise, it's slightly spicy, not overly sweet and the consistency was thick, yet not as heavily flavored as those from satay sauce.

Frankly, I would go for this if I am craving for satay but prefer something more filling. Compared to ketupat, bee hoon sounds like a better option. 

=====

Address 
Block 105, Yishun Ring Road, 
Chong Pang Hawker Centre, #01-146, 
Singapore 760105

Map
As above.

Operating Hours 
From 5.00 pm until sold out

Menu
As above

Pricing
Satay Bee Hoon (Medium) - S$5.00

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:13 PM

    The BCM is actually the signature for me. You cant find the same taste anywhere in SG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really?! there's a really famous one nearby, at the coffeeshop next to the infamous durian stall in the middle.

      Delete