Saturday, November 20, 2021

Vitality Fitness Centre - The Gymnasium @ Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas (Cruise to Nowhere)

For someone who looked at hotel accommodation simply as a place to sleep before COVID-19; I am afraid things wouldn't be the same once this darn pandemic ends. One of the hotel amenities I would require now is a gym! 

On the cruise to nowhere onboard Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas, I am glad to know the existence of a gym and made a concerted effort to check the reservation of appointment slots for the gym that's know as Vitality Fitness Centre, located on deck 16.

You either have to make an appointment with the counter or make a phone call. Given the need to adhere to safe management measures, I think we are only allowed a slot of not more than an hour. Gym towel would be provided but do note that no bottled water shall be given and the water dispenser would not be operational.

The gym was huge - the picture above reflected only about 40%! And rest assured, there were more than treadmills and stepping machines; I can't survive with just the aforementioned as my cardio would usually be outdoors. 

Obviously a great view of the ocean! 

Middle section; I presume that before the pandemic, fitness classes would be held here as the platforms would be so conducive for yoga, aerobics etc. If you look closure, you would have also noticed that the jogging track on deck 15 circled the boundary of the gym. 

The other pieces of gym equipment; the resistance machines and free weights. I have weights at home but nothing beats a professional gymnasium with its wide array of equipment that targeted specific muscles on your body! 

My 3-room flat wasn't big enough to accommodate resistance machines; if I ever move to a landed property (which is impossible), I would allocate a room purely for gym equipment! One of my favorites to be included would be the chest press machine! 

Equipment was spaced out given the safe distancing and for cases whereby the machines were too heavy to be moved; the seats would be covered with notices stating their unavailability. I did notice that the staff would rotate the equipment on a daily basis.

Despite the notices and the covers, you still have people who blatantly ignored them. In the above instance, the notice was literally staring in her face! I think human race is doomed.

=====

No comments:

Post a Comment