Thursday, January 20, 2022

Day Four Dinner at Main Dining Room (Chic Restaurant) @ Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas (Cruise to Nowhere)

Last dinner for our
4-night cruise and we guess it's fitting to have the fine-dining meal at the main dining room (Chic Restaurant); as the name suggests, it felt modern yet casual with touches of elegance!

I should have requested for a table near the window; it would be nice to see the waves hitting against the ship as the sun slowly made its way down the horizon. 

Our waiter and assistant waiter for the day! 

Cheese Platter - I had this on day three and regretted not having it earlier as the combination was amazing! One thing I would change in the future; only go for blue cheese which had the most wondrous flavor when eaten with fruits and nuts.

Roasted Tomato Soup - with crispy croutons that always seemed to enhance a bowl of soup, this was rich and flavorful; not watered down as I expected.

Garlic Tiger Prawn - this was supposed to be served with jasmine rice but I was adamant that I must reduce my starch intake; hence, decided to ask if the rice can be removed. Turned out it can! 

I personally think this would be better as an appetizer since the tiger prawns were quite small and failed to exhibit that intense garlic aroma. On the roasted seasonal vegetables; meh.

Roasted Rack of Lamb
- I enjoy lamb / mutton and a same dish on mainland Singapore can be quite expensive; hence, the cheapo me had to give it a try! Meat was juicy, tender with a delicious layer of fat, and not very gamey. Only thing I lacked was chilli sauce.

Cherries Jubilee - said to be "dark cherries cooked in a wine-cinnamon sauce topped with vanilla ice cream"; it was a dessert filled with contrasting sourness and sweetness! It was refreshing although not really my kind of dessert.

Fruit Platter - a must to meet my daily "fruits" quota! 

Tres Leches - my travel companion ordered this; I got a bite and knew I had to secure a serving even though I already had appetizers, two mains and two desserts! 

The sponge cake layers were soft, fluffy with a torched meringue top that had a caramelized touch to the palate. Most interestingly was the lip-smacking good dulce de leche based, "also known as caramelized milk or milk jam"; how could something that sounded so simple taste so spectacularly good?! 

=====

No comments:

Post a Comment