Sunday, January 16, 2022

Towel Folding Demonstration at Music Hall - One of Many Activities in Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas (Cruise to Nowhere)

My second visit to the Music Hall at 
Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas but it's never for the activity it was built for; first time was for an origami class.

I wasn't that early this time and all the good seats had already been taken up! Oh well, this was a somewhat last minute decision since it's the official "last day" onboard the cruise and I didn't feel like I had partaken in many of the free activities.

Today's session required the use of towels. Indicated as "Towel Folding Demonstration" on the newsletter, I am not surprised if some passengers would wonder why we need to be taught on how to fold our towels?! 

Obviously, it's more than just the basic! With the assistance of Kim from the housekeeping team, you would be taught to "manipulate" the three pieces of towels placed on the table in front of you. 

This seemed easy, like a French loaf.

No idea what this was for but you would have noticed the two forelegs and two hindlegs! Yes, an animal would be in the making and it's the last part that was most challenging! 

This was supposed to be a cat although I think it was more a raccoon. As expected, I have thrown back the instructions back to the instructor as I remember it was hard with the "head".

A crab that looked more like a curry puff! 

Guess this would need no further introduction; it was a dog! Frankly, folding towel is rather similar to origami but shaping fabric is no easy chore, as compared to using paper as a material.

All towels used in the demonstration would be returned back to the above bin where they would be washed again for sanitation reason. Quite eco-unfriendly yet necessary given this pandemic.  

Imagine my surprise when I returned to my stateroom

A bear that seemed to be pointing a gun at the door! Honestly, it didn't quite gel with the envelope beside it, which was for tipping exceptional service by any of the crew member. Was that a threat?! Knowing the fun nature of the crew, I guess it's just a joke. 

=====

No comments:

Post a Comment