Friday, January 14, 2022

Challenger's Arcade @ Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas

Back when I was a kid moving into the teenager's phase, arcades were huge businesses and you can find many young adults staying for hours playing classics like street fighters, kings of fighters or racing each other on Daytona USA!

I was (still am) a lousy player and even though I didn't obsess with arcades; it still remains as something memorable from my childhood days. Hence, imagine my curiosity when I chanced upon an arcade on Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas

Place wasn't huge and expectedly so given that there's limited space on a cruise ship. What I was more interested to find out is whether the arcade is equipped with old school machines, which is rare as the current trend in Singapore is more focused on games that dispense tickets for prize redemptions.

To be honest, I thought the machines, while limited, appeared to be quite new even though I didn't try any for two reasons. One, prices were in US denomination and two, I didn't know how to change for the coins. For the latter, I realized later on that I could just use my Sea Pass (issued to everyone) as it's tied to my credit card.

Two access points but for the sake of contact tracing then, access point was restricted to the main entrance where a staff would request you tap your card before entry. Sometimes, I think Royal Caribbean does a better job in adhering to the safe management measures compared to other business entities in Singapore. 

Aside from the competitive gaming machines, there were also claw machines and those with the ability to earn tickets, similar to some of the popular arcades in Singapore like timezone, cow play cow moo etc. Variety was definitely not as wide but at least it provides passengers with more options, especially those with kids, teenagers. 

A self redemption prize hub for your tickets! As my upcoming cruise would be with Alex, the middle-aged man who is young at heart, I would be expecting to claim from the machine! 

Prizes were more interesting than what we have in Singapore I thought! Should we manage to play and claim something, please be assured I would blog about it! 

=====

No comments:

Post a Comment