Saturday, October 03, 2020

Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodle @ 724 AMK Central Food Centre [Singapore] #amkcenrtalhawkercentre

To be honest, I am usually in a dilemma whenever I visit a hawker centre; there are just too many choices and it's hard to make a decision; it could be stalls with a queue, those with displays of mouthwatering items like beautifully charred char siew, or even those that just sell food from my list of personal favourites (e.g. cheng tng).

This no-brand hokkien mee stall (which also offered carrot cake and fried oyster) was different; I was drawn to the aroma of just fried hokkien mee and decided there and then that I must have a plate! Hawker food might be affordable but it's easy to over-indulge! 

I took the above picture for the operating hours but the notice next to it caught my attention. It's a Belanja Eat initiative which any customer can pay forward a meal for the benefit of a stranger who is in need of a meal. I should pay more attention to such notices in the future as I feel we should always lend a hand to aid the underprivileged.

Here's my plate of hokkien mee; one look and I knew this would meet the expectations of my mom. Like her, I dislike having too much yellow noodles in my hokkien mee and loved the fact that this plate had significantly more thick bee hoon than yellow noodles! 

Semi wet, I absolutely enjoyed the hearty and flavourful broth that made the noodles so delicious! Aside from the three prawns, there were also bits of pork belly and squid; the latter two ingredients would have made a friend of mine very happy as he felt it's necessary to include both in to level up the taste. 

Even Alex said it's good but he resisted telling others this time as the last time he did for the hokkien mee from Yishun Park hawker centre; the quality wasn't consistent and my family was actually rather disappointed. 

=====

Address
Block 724, Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, 
724 AMK Food Centre,#01-41, 
Singapore 560724

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Hokkien Mee  - S$4.00

No comments:

Post a Comment