Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Joy Junction Char Siew Wanton Noodle with Dumplings(僖家叉烧云吞面) @ Marsiling Lane Hawker Centre [Singapore] #marsilinglanehawkercentre

While my sister joined the long queue for Lai Xing Prawn Noodle at Marsiling Lane Hawker Centre, I prowled around the hawker centre in search for my next meal and chanced upon another stall with a queue.

Joy Junction (僖家) - offering local Chinese noodle favourites like char siew wanton noodle, I knew I would have to queue in order to check out what the hype was all about. Their dumpling noodle appeared quite popular but I definitely cannot stomach another plate of noodles; decided to add two pieces of dumpling instead. 

My wait was less torturing than my sister and I managed to get what I ordered in about 15 minutes. Contrast that with the 50-minute wait for Lai Xing Prawn Noodle

Interestingly, wantons are also dumplings although their Chinese terms are different. In this context, wanton refers to the smaller dumplings with not much meat. The dumplings in this case were chockablock full of filling which consisted of minced pork and prawn; average tasting and didn't wow. 

The noodle was covered with dark sauce and I was puzzled that it was surprisingly not sweet. I even found it a bit bland and required the green chilli to up the palatability. Texture wise, it's the springy rubber-band kind that I enjoyed. Char siew was lean yet well-marinated for me to keep throwing piece after piece into my mouth!

=====

Address
20 Marsiling Lane, 
#01-29, Marsiling Lane Food Centre
Singapore 730020

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Char Siew Wanton Noodle - S$3.00
Dumpling (2 pieces) - S$1.50

No comments:

Post a Comment