Monday, October 12, 2020

Lai Xing Prawn Noodle (来興蝦面) @ Marsiling Lane Hawker Centre [Singapore] #marsilinglanehawkercentre

On their first visit, enthusiastic diners would usually seek the stall with the longest queue in a hawker centre. Not for me as I often do not have the luxury of time and patience but this time at Marsiling Lane Hawker Centre; my sister happily took the role of queuing while I roamed around for other food. 

The queue she joined belonged to this Lai Xing Prawn Noodle (来興蝦面). Now, another reason why I didn't display much excitement was because I generally don't have a craving for soupy stuff unless they had been verified by friends or family members, or I was taken ill. 

After a tormenting 50 minutes, my sister was finally back with the prawn noodles! The one thing attracting my immediate attention was definitely the small serving of crispy pork lard. p.s. not fantastic. Costing just S$3 (excluding an additional S$1 for extra prawns), this bowl of prawn noodle confirmed wouldn't burn a hole in your pocket.

But most importantly, how would it fare against its more expensive competitors? To be frank, it's quite a novelty to have flat rice noodles that were not as wide as your typical kway teow and they actually ranked higher in palatability than your usual yellow noodles / bee hoon.

I didn't have a good expectation for the soup as it appeared too light for my liking. There's still a tinge of sweetness although it's not the kind coming from the richness of the prawn heads. The prawns were good; deshelled for ease of eating and so fresh with an enjoyable crunchy sweetness! 
  
=====

Address
20 Marsiling Lane, 
#01-05, Marsiling Lane Food Centre
Singapore 730020

Map
As above.

Pricing
Prawn Noodle - S$3.00

No comments:

Post a Comment