Monday, October 05, 2020

Beef Signature Katok from MKuking @ Woodlands (Wave9 Food Court) [Singapore] #MKuking

While queuing for the long awaited teochew meat puffs, my eyes continued to explore the rest of the food stalls at Wave9 Food Court as I was in need of a proper lunch given that I had skipped my breakfast.

MKuking caught my attention as I had never heard of the the name of their signature dish; katok. I was wondering if katok refers to scissors as the pronunciation is similar but it appeared to be a muslim noodle dish. 

I got an order of their Beef Signature Katok; now, yellow noodle is the least favourite amongst all noodles for me although I was more than willing to give it a try just for the sake of trying. And the first thought that came to me when I collected my katok; it's like mee rebus with a different type of gravy.

The spiciness hit me as soon as I took my first bite and it's best to describe this as a cross between mee goreng and mee rebus. Deal breaker was the sauce which was hot and loaded with flavours that proved to be both spicy yet shiok and irresistible; resulted of which were the beads of sweat rolling down my cheeks! 

Personally, I feel that the sauce is a lot more versatile and could be used in combination with other flavours.  Maybe it can be used for the preparation of chilli crabs since the chilli crabs I had the past few times were quite disappointing. 

Leaving the best for the last; the many slices of beef soaked in the delectable sauce. Aside from the generosity (although the pricing of S$7.00 is on the high side for a noodle dish), I was also as pleased with the soft, tenderness of the meat! 

=====

Address
60 Woodlands Industrial Park E4, 
Wave9 Food Court, Singapore 757705

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Beef Signature Katok  - S$7.00

No comments:

Post a Comment