Monday, October 26, 2020

The Move Out - for My Beloved Books

It's been almost 5 years since I moved out of my parents' flat but as their house is always there and no rental charge would be imposed; there are still a lot of things that I continued to keep there. For example, the tons of books, photo albums and personal mementos.

Contrary to popular beliefs, I love to read and had amassed quite a bit of books, especially from authors like Matthew Reilly, Jeffrey Archer and even the very localised Neil Humphreys. There were more by other authors but given the space constraints within my 3-room flat; sacrifices are necessary. 

One book series I couldn't afford donating would be the Crayon Shin Chan manga! That main Japanese comic character (and his family) provided me with much laughter when my spirits were low and I remember anticipating the new volume whenever I walked past the newspaper vendor. A must-keep! 

So many books and there's no way I could haul them back to the house without a car. Thank goodness for the large luggage bag! You can never imagine how convenient it is; via this mode, I had moved my collection of Absolut Vodka bottles and even my precious piggy banks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment