Thursday, October 15, 2020

Lontong Kering Ayam Besar from Muslim Food Stall @ Marsiling Lane Hawker Centre [Singapore] #marsilinglanehawkercentre

Following 
Joy Junction (Char Siew Wanton Noodle)Lai Xing Prawn Noodle and Uncle Pancake, I shall now be writing about the stall that was the actual reason for my visit to Marsiling Lane Hawker Centre.

It has a nondescript name; Muslim Food Stall and it appeared to sell many common Malay dishes, e.g. lontong, nasi lemak, nasi padang, mee soto, mee goreng, mee siam etc, that could be found elsewhere. Not exactly a stall I would purposely seek as I wouldn't know what to order! 

Thankfully, a youtube video mentioned a particular dish; Lontong Kering. I am not a fan of lontong as it felt more like coconut milk curry with vegetables that could be easily and expertly made by my mum. However, the guy was so enamored with the lontong kering; I was tempted to give it a try.

The lontong kering in the youtube video was served in a bowl whereas mine was on a plate tray laid with paper; maybe because I opted for the more expensive Lontong Kering Ayam Besar which included a piece of chicken thigh. Anyway, the difference with the normal lontong was the lack of gravy; kind of made sense as my friend told me kering means dry! 

I was utterly surprised with the compressed rice cake; it was smooth without an expected grainy texture. It's like your typical kueh with a harder texture and it didn't stick to our teeth! Best of all, it was darn shiok to eat with the accompanying sweet, spicy sambal chilli! 

Didn't regret ordering the chicken thigh; with curry drenched on it, it was less spicy than the sambal chilli yet no less delicious, especially when the meat managed to retain a tender juiciness that made it all the more irresistible! Another thing worth noting is that for a person who dislike bergedil (potato snack), I actually enjoyed the one here; it's like having the paste of a good curry puff that's deep fried! 

To be honest, I can't wait to try other dishes at Muslim Food Stall the next time I visit! 

=====

Address
20 Marsiling Lane, 
#01-114, Marsiling Lane Food Centre
Singapore 730020

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Lontong Kering Ayam Besar - S$6.00

No comments:

Post a Comment