Thursday, October 29, 2020

Lee Kee Banana Fritter & Yummie Sweet Cake @ Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre [Singapore] #bedokinterchangehawkercentre

From some distance away, I got real excited when I saw the signboard of Lee Kee as I thought it was the resurgence of
Lim Kee Banana Fritters that was formerly at Maxwell Hawker Centre! Upon a closer look, the mistake was obvious; difference between Lee and Lim.

Whatever the case, I am always keen to try Chinese style banana fritters and you do get other options like youtiao (Chinese crullers), sweet potato cake, green bean cake, tapioca cake, butterfly bun, red bean bun and even deep fried popiah and curry puff! 

Banana Fritter
- a pity my stomach cannot squeeze in so much food; hence, the basic banana fritter would a must-order. One look and you should have noticed that the batter appeared thinner and lighter than my current favourite ones from Toa Payoh Lucky Pisang Raja

The fruit encased within was super ripe and the sweetness made it extremely wonderful as an after meal dessert. However, the pricing of S$1.50 is higher than Toa Payoh Lucky Pisang Raja even though the size seemed smaller. For a stingy person like me, I guess I would be better off with the thicker, larger banana fritters from Toa Payoh Lucky Pisang Raja; more for less! 

Yummie Sweet Cake
- in the past, you wouldn't see me indulging in this heavy 'cake'. But a friend shared that it's quite hard to find this kind of cake nowadays and I always make it a point to buy whenever I see it for sale. 

Orangey middle portion was nian gao and it was soft like Japanese mochi! Sandwiching the nian gao would be a slice of yam and another slice of sweet potato. Traditionally, the nian gao would contain a higher ratio of sweetnesss to counter the earthiness from the yam but this one here was, sadly, not as sweet. Oh well, I guess this would be preferred by the older generation. 

=====

Address
208 New Upper Changi Road, 
#01-10, Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre, 
Singapore 460207 
(Next to Bedok MRT Station) 

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Banana Fritter - S$1.50
Yummie Sweet Cake - S$1.20 

No comments:

Post a Comment