Sunday, October 11, 2020

Uncle Pancake @ Marsiling Lane Hawker Centre [Singapore] #marsilinglanehawkercentre

There's a famous granny pancake but when I was at Marsiling Lane hawker centre a few weeks back; I chanced upon a Uncle Pancake stall! Guess it wouldn't be long before we would hear about a niece / nephew pancake.

Whatever the case, I am always happy to find pancake stalls at hawker centres as it means I could have them as an after-meal filler. Even if my tummy is full, they would still be considered as a dessert that wouldn't be too heavy on the stomach. 

To be honest, I was ultra full that day! However, among the few types of pancakes available in Singapore, the one cooked using the above griddle is my favourite and like what one of my friends would say: "there's always room for desserts!"

The operators appeared to be super busy that day and my order (consisting of peanut, chocolate rice and coconut pancakes) was immediately placed in the clear plastic bags after they were cooked. From experience, I knew this would result in sogginess as the heat would continue to dissipate from the hot dough. 

Although there remained a light crisp layer on the most outermost crust (as we tried them within a minute after collection), the internal texture had already turned expectedly limp and soggy. It's a great pity since the fillings were pretty decent but I guess there might also be people who prefer pancakes of a softer texture. 

The one with coconut filling also seemed to be overcooked as the color shade was much darker. Taste was still quite okay and it, thankfully, didn't have that burnt aftertaste. 

=====

Address
20 Marsiling Lane, 
#01-07, Marsiling Lane Food Centre
Singapore 730020

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Peanut Pancake - S$1.00
Chocolate Rice Pancake - S$1.00
Coconut Pancake - S$1.00

No comments:

Post a Comment