Saturday, April 23, 2022

One Fattened Calf Burgers - Epic Goldburger @ Galaxis (connected to one-north MRT Station) [Singapore]

First impression counts and the thing that intrigued me when I walked past One Fattened Calf (OFC) a few weeks ago was that it would take a lot more fattened calves to make a burger joint profitable! 

Whatever the case, I returned on a weekday evening to check out the place. As the area is catered more for the office crowd, after office hours would be recommended, especially for a person who works quite near, albeit still an MRT stop away. 

Ordered my food, paid for them, and then waited for my order number to be reflected on the queue number panel. Kitchen was open concept and it was busy! Guess many people had ordered for food delivery. 

I opted to upgrade my burger to a combo at S$4.90, which would allow me a serving of fries (original price, S$5.90) and one drink. Stupid me should have gone for the most expensive golden lime slushie as it was priced at S$4.90; I went for the mineral water instead.

Combo provided the original fries but you can top up for the premium truffle or cheese fries! For the former, it would be an extra S$2.50. S$2.00 more for the latter. 

Truffle Fries - a decent play on my favourite flavored French fries; the truffle aroma was strong although it can't win the unbeatable truffle fries from PS Cafe! I prefer fries that are thinner as they tend to be crispier but the thicker ones from OFC didn't disappoint with a layer of thin crispness. 

Cheese Fries - it's obvious OFC doesn't scrimp on the cheese as it was such a thick. luscious coating over the fries! I have no idea what that sprinkling of red powder is; my taste buds secretly told me there were suspicions of paprika with a touch of BBQ. Nice! 

Finally, our burgers! 

Apparently, the G refers to the Goldburger that was mine. Did you notice something strange about the packaging? To be frank, those packages frustrate me as messy me would continue to make a big mess.

Not the one from 
OFC; the burger was wrapped up like a Chinese bao and I thought it was such an ingenious idea as I didn't dirty my fingers throughout the meal, until the last two smaller bites.

Goldburger - "150g New Zealand premium grassfed beef, freshly basked and toasted potato bun, house special pulled beef brisket, cheddar cheese, charred onions, red onions, house-made crisp pickles and OFC special sauce"! The younger me would have removed the pickles; the older me decided to let them stay after remembering the one in black tap

To me, beef burgers generally had a standard flavor that was differentiated by the doneness of the beef patty, the freshness of ingredients, the type of buns and the kind of sauce. But Goldburger is in a different league altogether; the taste was distinctive and totally blew my mind. 

The richness and juiciness of the beef patty definitely helped, together with the onions, the soft bun and sauce; however, the lightly charred and sweet pulled beef brisket was a major factor that elevated the overall experience. I am known to wolf down my meal; this time, I was slowly savoring the burger! p.s. strangely, I didn't even taste the pickles. 

I will be back, for sure! 
By the way, it's a no pork, no lard establishment! 

=====

Address
1 Fusionopolis Place,
Galaxis, #01-31,
Singapore 138522
 
Website
https://www.onefattenedcalf.com/

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Goldburger - S$18.00
Combo Top up - S$4.90
Upgrade Fries to Cheese Fries - S$2.00
Upgrade Fries to Truffle Fries - S$2.50
(NETT)

No comments:

Post a Comment