Friday, April 15, 2022

Geometry Gelato near ABC Brickworks Hawker Centre along Jalan Bukit Merah @ Singapore

Geometry Gelato Cafe is not new and I was aware of its existence even before the pandemic. However, there are just too many food around that area and for desserts; it's hard resisting the power chendol from Jin Jin!

No idea why it's called geometry though; the interior concept was simple, wood based with maybe only the light covers featuring some sort of geometrical angles. I think we can get the answers from its logo. 

18 flavors in total; which means I fell into the indecisive mode and had to ask for recommendations. Sadly, the recommendations with coffee, tea, chocolate don't really appeal to me.

Settled - waffle with two scoops of ice cream! 

Drenching the waffle with the essential sweet syrup! To me, it's a necessary ingredient for waffle, and takes higher priority over ice cream, especially if the flavor of the ice cream fails to impress. 

Cutleries made of sustainable ingredients although it kind of defeated the "green" effort when the sweet syrup was still served in a small, plastic container. With the pandemic, I do feel that sustainability has taken a backseat and will continue to be so until the situation improves further.

Chocolate Mint - this is such a common flavor that I wouldn't normally order but my friend didn't know what to have and went for the flavor less likely to be a "risk". Well, it's minty, not exactly a surprise and for a premium flavor (additional charge of S$0.80), I am glad they didn't use cheap chocolate rice. 

Watermelon Cucumber Lime - refreshing with the taste of cucumber, plus sweetness from the watermelon and a touch of sour from the lime; this reminded me of an ice blended drink although I can't remember from where. 

Belgian Waffle -  while the batter tasted nice with a relatively fluffy batter, my only issue was with the texture which was could have been crispier! Soft waffle is always a disappointment.

=====

Wouldn't mind for a revisit but would inform the staff I prefer a crispier waffle! 

Address
2 Jalan Bukit Merah, 
#01-5142, Singapore 150002

Map
As above.

Website

Operating Hours
Wednesdays - Closed
Sundays to Thursdays - 12.00 pm to 9.30 pm
Fridays to Saturdays - 12.00 pm to 11.00 pm
Public Holidays - 12.00 pm to 11.00 pm

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Waffle with One Scoop of Ice cream - S$8.90
Add Premium Flavor - S$0.80
Add One Scoop of Premium Ice Cream - S$3.60
(Nett)

No comments:

Post a Comment