Friday, April 29, 2022

明榮四炒 - Local Delights like Hokkien Mee, Char Kway Teow @ Food Loft Yishun Block 717 [Singapore]

Have I mentioned in this blog before that I totally love where I stay? It's a short walk to Yishun MRT station, 5 minutes' away from my parents' home, and there are three coffeeshops near me!

There's one coffeeshop I seldom visit; located at block 717, I am, just not as motivated because I had to wait for the bloody traffic lights. For an impatient person, it's excruciating to wait for the green man! Furthermore, it's not sheltered all the way. 

Whatever the case, I decided to meet up with my mom and elder sister for lunch a few days ago since I was working from home, and thought to give the coffee shop a try! From a few online reviews, people seemed to enjoy the char kway teow and hokkien from the above stall. 

Hokkien Mee - since there were four of us, including Alex, I didn't have to procrastinate on what to order as all of can share the food. First up was the plate of almost overflowing hokkien mee! 

I personally thought it was not bad tasting with a discernable prawn stock, just that there wasn't much of a wok hei. whereas the rest felt that the flavor can be improved. In Yishun, the best hokkien mee is near Northpoint and you may refer to the location here

Char Kway Teow - this should be considered as my favorite local food although I am quite resistant to trying new stalls given the high calorie count; about 744 calories and my daily exercise expends only about 500-600 calories.

Strangely, this had more wok hei and had that nostalgia feel. Obviously, the large pieces of crispy pork lard enhanced the enjoyment; only issue was that I could do with a lot more pork lard, like the amount I was given at Ayer Rajah Hawker Centre

Burp - shall return for the char kway teow and the next time, I shall ask for more sweet sauce and an extra egg. Of course, extra pork lard too! That would have been so, so shiok! 

=====

Address
Block 717,  Yishun Street 71, 
#01-335, Food Loft,
Singapore 760717

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Hokkien Mee - S$4.50
Char Kway Teow - S$4.00

No comments:

Post a Comment