Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Best Mutton Dum Briyani in Singapore? From Saamsudeen @ Kampung Admiralty Hawker Centre [Woodlands, Singapore] #admiraltyhawkercentre

Officially, this was my first visit to Kampung Admiralty Hawker Centre and I was totally undecided on what to have for my weekend brunch; on one hand, I wanted to try a lot of food and on the other hand, my stomach is not known to be limitless. 

Ventured towards the back of the hawker centre and while the green signboard of Saamsudeen was eye-catching, something else caught my attention and the content was basically a downright challenge for a lover of mutton briyani!

The notice with the words "Best Mutton Dum Briyani in Singapore"! 
Tell me; how could I resist such a challenge?!

Here it is; mutton briyani at S$6.50.

Even though it might look like it was all rice; the mutton was actually hidden beneath. I was honestly happy to see so much of the pickled vegetables! To me, they are the ingredients that provide the concluding kick to the overall flavor.

One piece of mutton, with the bone intact. Those who dislike handling the bone can consider the boneless mutton briyani which cost 50 cents more expensive at S$7.00.

So how did this mutton briyani fare? The grains were on the wet side but as a whole, it was satisfying with nice, albeit tough, mutton meat that was enhanced with the crunchy, sourish yet sweet pineapple cubes. I only wish there were more of the pineapple cubes as the cucumber didn't exhibit the same result. 

I like what I had and wouldn't mind trying should the craving strike, but I wouldn't term this as the best mutton dum briyani; at least not in year 2022. In my opinion, Briyani 47 took the top spot and even the nearby Ajmir Briyani was a notch better. 

=====

Address
676 Woodlands Drive 71, #02-43,
Kampung Admiralty Hawker Centre,
Singapore 730676

Map
As above,

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Mutton Dum Briyani - S$6.50

No comments:

Post a Comment