Friday, April 22, 2022

King of Fried Rice - Egg Fried Rice with Shrimps @ Food Loft Clementi 431 [Singapore]

King of Fried Rice appeared to have expanded rapidly in recent years; there's even one near me at
Wisteria Mall in Yishun and while I was interested, the motivation to check it out just wasn't strong enough.

The chance came when the stalls in another coffeeshop, that my colleagues wanted to visit for lunch, were closed. I laughed when I saw the neighbor of King of Fried Rice; Chef Kim HK Wanton Noodle had its first branch in Yishun and I have never tried the food too! 

After a wait of less than 10 minutes, here's my egg fried rice with shrimp! Most people would likely order their signature pork cutlet fried rice given the comparison to the Din Tai Feng signature but I am the rare few persons who aren't obsessed with it.

My idea of a perfect plate of fried rice required the companion of prawns and I was pleased to see quite a number (was it five or six?) peeking out from the egg coated grains! 

Wok hei was significant with a nice, balanced flavor that didn't pitch to overwhelm and impress; more like a dish that came from a housewife who just wants something delicious yet healthy for the family. Prawns were likely frozen but at least they were crunchy and not tasteless.

I did enjoy and would love to try their XO fried rice in the future. 
p.s. chilli was a tad too spicy for me, but it did elevate the fried rice.

=====

Address
Block 431, Clementi Ave 3, 
Within Food Loft Coffee Shop,
Singapore 120431

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Egg Fried Rice with Shrimps - S$6.50

No comments:

Post a Comment