Wednesday, April 06, 2022

Minced Crab Meat Fried Rice from Chef Goo @ Alexandra Village Hawker Centre [Singapore] #alexandravillagehawkercentre

I am back at Alexandra Village Hawker Centre! To be honest, I didn't know it's pretty near my workplace; just a short bus ride away and I can't wait to return to try the number 2 dish at 
Chef Goo

Back then, I was stuck in a dilemma between the hokkien mee and the crab meat fried rice. And since I was bringing a friend to check out the hokkien mee, I shall take the opportunity to order the minced crab meat fried rice.

At S$8.30, this supposedly small plate was quite a comfortable portion for one person. There's a regular option but the portion was the same; just that instead of minced crab, you get lumps of crab meat.

Even though it's classified as minced crab meat, it was a generous sprinkling and I definitely didn't get the visual perception that the chef would likely stinge on the ingredients given the spike in inflation due to the war in Ukraine. 

Surrounded by the addictive aroma of wok hei, pieces of crab meat were found in every spoonful of fried rice and it was no doubt, enjoyable, and especially so when this plate of fried rice was served piping hot from the frying pan! 

The taste of crab, however, wasn't as pronounced and this would likely disappoint those who are looking for fried rice that was permeated with the strong and rice flavor from the bottom dweller in every grain! To me, it was still a very good rendition of fried rice.  

=====

Address
Block 120 Bukit Merah Lane 1, 
#01-13, Alexandra Village Hawker Centre,
Singapore 150120

Map
As above.  

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Minced Crab Meat Fried Rice (Small) - S$8.30

No comments:

Post a Comment