Saturday, May 29, 2021

Black Tap Craft Burger and Crazyshake Milkshake @ Marina Bay Sands [Singapore] #marinabaysands

My lunch at Oriental Chinese Restaurant was so filling; my dinner was pushed back to such a late timing that I actually intended to forgo the meal as I didn't want to eat so close to my sleeping hours. 

But we chanced upon Black Tap while window shopping at Marina Bay Sands, and there wasn't a queue! Now, the restaurant is famous for their burgers and milkshakes and I deemed it a rare opportunity to find it without a line! p.s. we arrived at close to 9.00 pm. 

I happily hopped to the front of the queue poles; only to receive news that there's no table. Well, that's the bad news but the good news was that the wait was only about 15 minutes and we were free to walk around the The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands until they call us. 

Super love eateries that provide complimentary water and the one at Black Tap came in a large glass bottle! That's customer service; free things get me extremely happy. 

Strawberry Smash - my cocktail for the night which was made of silver rum, mint, lime and strawberry! It was a bit strong and strangely thirst quenching with bits of strawberries streaming into my mouth as I drank from the straw.

Churro Choco Taco Crazyshake - there's a reason why a milkshake is known as crazyshake; it was expensive (cost more than my burger), humongous and luxuriously decorated like a beautiful art piece, not a beverage! 

One of nine crazyshakes on the menu, ours was cinnamon toast crunch shake with "vanilla frosted rim with cinnamon toast crunsh topped with a choco taco, two churros, whipped cream & dulce de leche drizzle".

Like many first timers to Black Tap's milkshakes, we absolutely had no idea where to start eating. Thankfully, there was a straw for us to at least drink the milkshake; it was thick, creamy, milky with crunches of cornflakes and a light hint of cinnamon.

Alex started with the choco taco! It was soft and not to my liking; the whipped cream was tasty due to the corn flakes and the sweet dulce de leche drizzle (similar to caramel); churros were stale with a crisp crust. The serving was good enough for three persons and to be honest, I am quite curious with the other eight crazyshakes that I didn't try!

Buttermilk Coleslaw - I must be feeling guilty for having such a late night sinful meal. Whatever the case, this is one coleslaw I would never ever order again; the buttermilk dressing didn't have much taste with a watery consistency that both Alex and I couldn't stomach. It might easier for us to just eat the raw, shredded cabbage with chilli sauce. 

Carolina BBQ Wings - Alex isn't a burger fan and decided to have wings instead. Four flavours were available and carolina was chosen for its "sweet & smoky bbq, fresh herbs". 

The wings tasted like they were recooked even though the sauce covering them were the kind I enjoyed; barbecued with a sweet tinge. The bowl of house buttermilk dill (tasted like sour cream to me) did a good job in making the wings slightly more palatable. 

All-American Burger - when one didn't know what to have, it's always good practice to just go with the original, with a substitute to sweet potatoes fries (S$3.00 extra) from boring French fries.  

The dish consisted of prime burger, lettuce, tomato, pickles, American cheese and special sauce. I don't understand why they were de-constructed as the best way to enjoy a burger is to put at least the buns and patty together and munch down! 

Unless requested, the doneness of the beef patty would be medium; my preferred doneness anyway. In summary, it was juicy with the good, old classical beef burger feel, even if it's without the lettuce, tomatoes and pickles. Bun wasn't memorable though, unlike the one from Shake Shack

Maybe because it was quite late; I actually didn't finish the sweet potato fries! Truth was, they didn't taste spectacular. I was more impressed with the pickle; interestingly crunchy and appetizing! Does Black Tap have them separately on the menu? I did notice a 'fried pickles' snack though. 

=====

Only upon my exit that I realized there was a counter dedicated to making the crazyshakes, with glass jars filled with candies and other sweet decadents! If it's not within the restaurant, you might have mistaken it for a standalone milkshake store! 

Address
10 Bayfront Ave #L1-80,  Bay Level, 
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, 
Singapore 018956

Website

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Strawberry Smash - S$21.00
Churro Choco Taco Crazyshake -S$24.00
Buttermilk Coleslaw - S$8.00
Carolina BBQ Wings - S$15.00
All-American Burger - S$23.00
(Subject to GST and Service Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment