Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Hyogaki Gelato Cafe @ Yishun Block 110 [Singapore]

I jog almost everyday and I don't like to be constrained by a running track in a stadium or in the many parks in Yishun. Therefore, you would see me jogging by the roadside where my eyes feast on the sights and sounds in the various neighborhoods within this infamous town. 

New establishments that took over from decade-old shops, that existed back when I was a child, usually catches my attention. One of them is Hyogaki Gelato Cafe; yet another new ice cream eatery in Yishun that started operations just a few months ago. 

The first thing that greeted us, when we stepped in, was this gigantic character from LINE. I know there were some hype over the LINE characters but I am really not into them. I searched the internet though and this particular rabbit character is called Cony

Apparently owner is a fan of LINE characters, as can be seen from the huge sticker mural with Cony and her friends; Brown and Leonard. p.s. Mom was my companion that day; she is always game for ice cream / gelato!

Compared to the other ice cream / gelato cafes in Yishun, namely, Moin MoinOverscoop and No Horse Run, the shop space for Hyogaki Gelato Cafe is more spacious, with a smaller recess area hidden from the above photograph. 

With twenty-four artisanal flavors to choose from, it's a dilemma for someone who couldn't decide and worse when everything sounded so delicious! So which two flavors would go on top of the waffle? You would know shortly.

Tea would be much easier, with just four to choose from. It seems that the Gryphon brand appeared to be popular with the ice cream parlors. You can actually find the brand for sale in Phoon Huat Yishun Ten at about S$21 a box (20 tea bags).

The Lily of The Field - although there were two of us, only one mug was given. That's actually fine with me as the price at just S$3.00 was the cheapest among the four new gelato cafes in Yishun and this was inclusive as part of the waffle set! The next jump, at, Moin Moin and Overscoop, was 50% higher at S$4.50 but I have to note that the tea was in a pot and served with two cups.

Belgian Waffle with two scoops of ice cream! You can opt for red velvet waffle to go with your gelato or even lava cake, with slight changes in the total pricing. For waffle, you have three selection of sauces; dark chocolate, white chocolate and maple syrup. 

Boring me would always go with the classic, maple syrup and here at Hyogaki; the sauce was given in a cup! Now, I love the Belgian waffle here which was fluffy with a thin crispness that I thought would have been more satisfying if it wasn't that thin! Interestingly, the crisp remained until our very last bite! 

Sicilian Pistachio - tasted with an intense nuttiness, this was nice although not impressive. Maybe also because I love things with texture and feel that a nutty gelato should at least have bits of nuts. 

Hokkaido Milk with Strawberry - well, my taste buds cannot discern the extra creaminess from Hokkaido milk and felt that this was just a normal scoop of strawberry, with a pinch of sourness. 

=====

I might not seem that happy with the gelatos I had but with 24 flavor to choose from; I bet something would appeal to me. Hence, I am sure to return to Hyogaki for their waffle and also to try their other flavors. Another advantage for me is that that the cafe is near Chong Pang hawker centre, within walking distance from my home. 

Address
110 Yishun Ring Road,
#01-395, Singapore 760110

Map
As above.

Opening Hours
1.00 pm to 11.00 pm
(Mondays to Sundays)

Website

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Belgian Double Scoop Set Menu - S$15.00

No comments:

Post a Comment