Monday, November 01, 2021

Sin Kee Roasted Chicken Rice @ @ Chong Boon Hawker Centre [Singapore] #chongboonhawkercentre

I am not exactly the most hardworking person when it comes to researching good food in hawker centers. More often than not, I would use my eye power to identify the stall with the longest queue as the line of customers should give a pretty accurate gauge on how delicious the food is.

With around 20 people in front of me, the line for Sin Kee Roasted Chicken Rice was the longest at Chong Boon Hawker Centre and despite the grumbling tummy; I decided to give it a go and pray for the best as there's still a risk that a queue isn't a 100% guarantee.

My order - roasted chicken rice with extra meat! 

The large pile of rice that didn't appear oily and wasn't in clumps. True chicken rice lovers would associate perfect chicken rice with rice, the meat and chilli sauce. As far as rice is concerned, the one here had that signature fragrant aroma bound to perk your appetite; however, it was on the dry side, resulting in a reduced palatability. 

Meat was chunky although not as juicy. My sister did comment that it tasted very old school, like chicken rice when we were much younger. Woah, my memory wasn't that amazing; I can't even remember what I had for lunch five days ago. 

Dry chicken rice can be remedied with two things; the soup and the chilli sauce! Can't deny that the chilli sauce from Sin Kee was great-tasting; punch of spiciness that was so shiok for the taste buds! 

An interesting thing about Sin Kee is that the accompanying soup contained radish that tasted like the soft yet flavorful daikon in Japanese oden. 


=====

Address 
453A Ang Mo Kio Ave 10,
#01-19, Chong Boon Market & Food Centre,
Singapore 561453

Map
As above.

Menu 
As above.

Pricing
Roast Chicken Rice - S$3.00
Added Chicken Meat - S$1.00

No comments:

Post a Comment