Saturday, November 06, 2021

Day One Dinner at Main Dining Room (Icon American Grill) @ Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas (Cruise to Nowhere)

When I first heard of the main dining room for 
Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas, I had assumed it was ONE restaurant. Turned out it comprised of four restaurants spread over decks 4 and 5; Chic, The Grande Restaurant, American Icon Grill and Silk. 

The main dining room served the same daily menu, which means the only difference would be the interior  décor for each restaurant. Most of my meals were had at Windjammer though, where there was a wider variety given the buffet offerings. p.s. the above photos were taken at American Icon Grill. 

If you are looking for better service aligned with those in fine dining restaurants, the main dining room with its four restaurants would suit you better. There were dedicated waiter and assistant waiter assigned for your table, coupled with formal table arrangement. Without further ado, let's begin with my first meal at Royal Caribbean

Crispy Spring Roll - trust me to order something that's so easily found in Singapore! And I regretted after taking a bite; they were as good as those frozen ones that I could have bought from supermarket and then air-fried in my Ninja Foodi Grill. 

Grilled Pork Chop - served with rice, it's not a hard decision for me to choose my main as I am a hardcore pork chop lover; while I might order if I were to see it on the menu of a western food stall / restaurant, I had been disappointed far too many times.  

Although it wasn't that much of a disappointment, the grilled pork chop had a tough texture and lacked the juiciness required to make it more impressionable. Only saving grace, it was quite a thick chunk of meat. Furthermore, I think I should make a mental note to bring along a bottle of kimball Thai chilli sauce the next time I go on a cruise. 

Seasonal Fruit Medley - now that I am older, the one thing I consistently need to have in my fridge would be fruits. And I love the fruits at Royal Caribbean, especially the cold and sweet watermelon and cantaloupe!  

Apple Blossom a la Mode - while it's fine dining mode here at the main dining room, you are allowed to make multiple requests for the items on the menu, so long you can stomach them! Season fruit medley should be my dessert but this apple blossom came recommended; so why not an order?! 

Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, this apple tart was the best item for my first meal, with crisp pastry skin and sweet slices of apple hidden within. Could it be improved? Yes, by being toasted / baked longer as it was just a bit warm when served.

=====



No comments:

Post a Comment