Saturday, November 27, 2021

Prawnaholic - 虾的传人 @ Pasir Ris Central Hawker Centre [Singapore] #PasirRisCentralHawkerCentre

I would, obviously, not waste my trip to Pasir Ris Central Hawker Centre by just trying one stall! However, my stomach capacity is severely limited now that I am older and special consideration must be taken so that I wouldn't waste the precious tummy space.

Prawnaholic it shall be then! The twist to the word alcoholic piqued my curiosity; guess this is a person who couldn't live without prawns and would know what makes a good bowl of prawn soup! 

Luck was on my side as the queue had yet to form although we still waited over 10 minutes before securing the above special prawn noodles. I was in a dilemma on whether to choose dry or soup but accordingly to "ordering steps", dry is their signature.

Let's take a sip of the prawn broth! Omg, this was super infused with an incredible amount of prawn flavor! It should be a key advantage but it was a tad overly rich and I was in fact glad that I didn't go with the soup option.

S$6.50 appeared expensive but you get more than just prawns! There was a handmade meat ball, pieces of pork belly and two de-shelled prawns of decent size. 

Meatball tasted great with a tender texture and bits of fats whereas the torched pork belly, with its lightly charred appearance and drenched with sweet sauce, was sinfully delicious, albeit overly fatty. Prawns were expectedly fresh although I would have preferred more prawns for, well, prawn noodles.

I actually like mee poh or mee kia but over here at prawnaholic, it's a choice of thick bee hoon, yellow noodle, kuey teow or a mix of thick bee hoon and yellow noodle. I went with the mix as recommended by the stall operator and totally enjoyed the sweetness from the dark sauce, added with the aromatic fried onions and crunchy pork lard! 

Literally licked clean!
Can't wait to be back! 

=====

Address
110 Pasir Ris Central, 
#02-12, Pasir Ris Central Hawker Centre,
Singapore 519641

Map
As above.

Operating Hours
11.30 am till 9.30 pm
(Closed on Mondays)

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Special Prawn Noodles - S$6.50

No comments:

Post a Comment