Monday, November 29, 2021

The 10-Floor Glass-like Acrylic Floor between Deck 13 and 14 at Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas

A ship is only that big to explore and it didn't take me long to spot an anomaly on deck 14 at
Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas, after a meal at Windjammer. Why is there a flight of standalone staircase? 

Overseeing the "crossing" - a wall between the two main sets of lifts, comprising "210 butterflies representing 30 species", "made of aluminum, stainless steel, acrylic and enamel by Paul Villinski", the staircase is unique as it only links decks 13 and 14.

I stopped in my track when I saw what was in front of me. Frankly, I might not have noticed them if I were to walk up but unfortunately, it's hard to miss them when I am going down! 

That large set of see-through flooring; twenty years ago, this would have sent a chill down my spine although the more mature me now would take it as a challenge for my fear.

Two feet forward with my comfortable Adidas slippers, and then looked down. Wah, cannot, I actually couldn't bring myself to stand right in the middle of the transparent floor panel, without holding tightly to the guardrails! 

Looking up from deck 5; could you spot the transparent floor panels? 
They seemed so high up from this angle! I always thought the material use is glass; turned out it was acrylic and to me, that's an even scarier fact since plastic appeared way less hardier than glass! 

=====

No comments:

Post a Comment