Sunday, November 07, 2021

777 HK Traditional Roasted Delights @ 675 Yishun Coffee Shop [Singapore]

I was once again in my elder sister's neighborhood for lunch but this time, it's to another coffee shop that I frequently passed by during my jogs; 675 Yishun Coffee Shop, which recently went through a renovation and appeared relatively crowded every time I jogged past. 

As expected, I targeted the stall with the longest queue; 777 HK Traditional Roasted Delights with its signature triple assorted roasted and free herbal soup! p.s. according to the sign at the stall, "no extra charge for more rice"! 

Triple Assorted for 2 - the roasted delights included roast duck, char siew and roast pork! Elder sister is on a stricter starch-restricted diet, so the noodle was for me! As promised, there was a huge bowl of herbal soup.

Soup was delicious and reminded me of those tonifying soup that my mom would make occasionally. Unlike complimentary soup by other roasted delight stall (with the exception of Qi Le Boneless Chicken Rice), this came with duck wing and pieces of herb-infused pork ribs! 

Now on the roasted delights - roast pork had that crispy skin but the meat was a tad hard. Roast duck was what I was looking forward to having as it is supposed to be dang gui (a type of Chinese herb) style. While there was a subtle dang gui flavor to the juicy duck meat, the duck skin was quite a personal letdown as roasted skin should be crisp with a layer of delectable fat underneath. 

Char siew was only passable; lean instead of the fattier parts that I enjoy. Sauce used to drench over it was overly sweet although the level of sweetness will likely appeal to kids! 

The noodle would likely be the least of my attention but it turned out to be the highlight for the meal, together with the herbal soup, which already surprised me with the inclusion of quite a bit of meat for something that's free.

Each strand of noodle had that light alkaline (kee) taste and was soaked in a mix of palatable sauce so good; I was slurping them down my throat with utmost relish. 

Shall return for the noodles; with maybe roast chicken next time?

=====

Address
Block 675 Yishun Ave 4,
#01-01, Singapore 760675

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Triple Assorted for 2 - S$13.00
Noodle - S$1.00

No comments:

Post a Comment