Sunday, November 28, 2021

Herbal Roasted Duck & Roast Pork from Chicken & Duck Talk @ Yummy Food Link (Woodlands Block 111) [Singapore]

I recently met a friend, who works at Causeway Point, for lunch and given my love for roast food; he suggested bringing me to a roasted delight shop where he frequently visits during his break. 

Chicken & Duck Talk - the name didn't ring a bell as an F&B outlet that I had checked out before, even though the Mandarin term was widely used and it loosely means communication breakdown. Not exactly a great name when one is in the service line! 

For two persons - half a roasted duck and a serving of roast pork. I was wondering why the sauce was separately placed in a bowl though as many stalls would just drench the meat with them. An additional bowl would be provided, upon request, as some people request extra sauce for their plain rice. 

Let's talk about the herbal roast duck first - said to be infused with dang gui (Chinese angelica root), it's actually pretty popular nowadays although the first I had that special herbal roast duck was at Dian Xiao Er more than a decade ago. 

How did this fare? One bite and you can vividly taste the unique flavor of dang gui and it helped that the duck was meaty with a plump roasted skin. The one thing I found lacking was in fact the sauce; most sauce for roast duck was viscously sweet but in this case; it was salty and that was a bummer.

Roast pork was absolutely one of the better ones I had in recent times; for one, it wasn't overly salty which is a common issue and as you can probably deduce from the photo, they were fatty! Love the crunch as my teeth bit through cackling skin! 

=====

Regretted not asking for char siew as the roast duck turned out to be too much for us; I enjoy variety! Whatever the case, I bet I would have been able to finish should there be a better sauce. 

Address
Block 111, Woodlands Street 13, 
#01-74, Yummy Food Link
Singapore 730111 

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Roast Duck (Half) - S$16.00
Roast Pork - S$5.00
Rice - S$0.50 a bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment