Friday, March 05, 2021

Manulife Sky Nets (Walking) - Challenge Your Fear for Heights @ Jewel Changi Airport [Singapore] #jewelchangiairport

The name for this attraction at Jewel Changi Airport is descriptive on its own although I do find it a bit ironic; walking on nets suspended in the sky while thinking about your insurance policies! Definitely something worth considering!

Known as "the walk you can't forget", there's also a bouncing version that I was less keen in given my fear for height. Anyway, let's try walking first, before we think about bouncing. 

Frankly, it didn't look daunting after I scanned our tickets; just a matter of walking up a steep slope, which wouldn't be too much of an effort for a pretty fit guy for me.

My first step.

Reached the top in no time and the sight ahead of me was , impressive! Doesn't it look like a rolling hill, with the exception that the netting replaces the green grass? As I was marveling at the view, my companions were struggling, and I wondered why.

One of them pointed down; that's the moment I turned my head down and missed a few heartbeats at the free 25-meter high space beneath me! 

My knees went soft at the same time and the immediate reaction was to climb to the edge where I could better support myself, in the event the nets were to give way! 

Maybe my friends got used to the height as they bravely went to the deeper compression in the centers of the sky nets; hello, it would be a free fall resulting in an almost immediate death if anything happens to the net!

To be fair, this is Singapore and I strongly believe the authorities have cleared the safety measures and the strength of the nets before giving the "green light" to the operator. But for someone with acrophobia, there's always an uneasiness despite the assurances.

Bouncing version that was differentiated by its surrounded green nets. Don't think I would ever consider paying to try it, unless Jovyn or Jerald begs me to bring them. 

Given I was in the middle of the route, guess it would be easier for me to grind my teeth and force myself to complete the heart-stopping walk. It's good to challenge my fear; just like the time I went through Forest Adventure at Bedok

Trust me, I was a lot more scared than my friend.

This photo I dared to take since the height wasn't as high as the one that looked down a few floors down! My naïve mind told me I could probably fall and land on my feet even if the net breaks.

View of the netting field at the end of my walk. Okay, legs were still trembling a bit but hey, I survived and it's easier to proclaim now that it's a piece of cake and while I wouldn't pay S$15 (an adult) for a 10-minute attraction; I think it's fine if you are buying the bundle packages. 

Took this photo when I was on the second floor, I think and boy I didn't know the sky nets were so high up! note: you might be barred from entry if you are wearing skirts and do be mindful of your modesty as anyone can just look up!

=====

Address 
78 Airport Boulevard, 
Singapore 819666

Map of Canopy Park
As above.

Website

Pricing Menu
As above; second photo is for annual pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment