Tuesday, March 23, 2021

The Sushi Bar @ Ngee Ann City [Singapore]

For the longest time, my friends had been talking about
the sushi bar and I frequently mistook it for the standing sushi bar I visited ten years back! They finally couldn't stand it anymore and decided to bring me there for lunch.

All four of us specially took the opportunity to clear our annual leave so that we can have more time enjoying each other company, and also because we expected lesser crowd on a lazy Wednesday afternoon. Well, there was still a queue when we reached at 1.00pm; bloody.

Thankfully, I made a reservation and we were allowed in once everyone arrived. Menu was online (shall share the QR later) and above was our food list for the day! 

Mandatory cup of hot green tea to accompany our Japanese meal; using a standard green tea sachet, the flavour wouldn't deviate too much from the OSK green tea that cost S$6.95 a box at NTUC Fairprice for 50 sachets. 

Scallop Mentaiyaki - I love scallops and it was an expression of absolute satisfaction whenever I popped a nicely grilled one into my mouth! These scallops were yummy with a touch of the flamed mentai; pity. it wasn't that satisfying when they were sliced so thinly! 

Pitan Tofu - note, a must order for century egg lovers! The tofu had a pudding-like texture and complemented the gooey century egg perfectly! I love how the different flavours, including fish roes and spring onions coalesce into such an amazing taste! 

Secretly happy that my friends asked me to clean up the bowl. 

Salmon Aburi Roll
- I first had salmon aburi roll from standing sushi bar and I must say I was hooked. This version at the sushi bar sure didn't disappoint even though I prefer the salmon to be flamed a bit more for that irresistible, slightly burnt aroma. 

Cha Soba (Cold) - for someone who used to detest soba, I have since converted into a person who would likely order the noodle when the weather is hot! You should see my contented expression after I dipped the noodles into the sauce and gave them a hearty slurp! 

Cold buckwheat noodles had a unique taste but you need a good sauce to enhance the flavour! The one at the sushi bar featured a sweetness that's not too over yet brought out the tastiness from the soba. What I need was, in fact, more soba! 

Sirloin Steak - why did we order a sirloin steak in a Japanese restaurant?! I was actually thinking about that when my friend suggested ordering the sirloin steak at the sushi bar. But, she knew her food and I am sure it's trustable. 

OMG; served medium, the texture was literally melt in the mouth! It was already good on its good even though you can pile up with the accompanying fried garlic for that additional layer of oomph! 

=====

Would I be back again? 
Sure! 

Address
391B Orchard Road,
#05-35, Ngee Ann City,
Singapore 238874 
(next to Best Denki)

Website
https://thesushibar.com.sg/

Operating Hours
11.30 am to 9.45 pm 

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Scallop Mentaiyaki - S$14.90
Pitan Tofu - S$6.90
Salmon Aburi Roll - S$16.90
Cha Soba (Cold) - S$13.90
Sirloin Steak (200g) - S$32.90
(Subject to GST and Service Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment