Saturday, March 13, 2021

Pasta Lunch Set @ Caffé B (along Club Street) in Singapore

Punctuality is a virtue I wasn't acquainted with as a teenage and it was quite common for me to be at least an hour late. People change with age though and in my recent lunch meetup with a bunch of friends at Caffé B ; I actually arrived 30 minutes ahead of time. 

Truth was; I overlooked the timing and thought we were supposed to meet at noon instead of 12.30pm. Whatever the case, this early arrival meant I had some free time to check out the cafe! 

It has three floors but maybe due to the lull lunch crowd on a weekend, only the first floor was opened for diners. Second floor was definitely comfy for our group of eight even though we would still likely be too noisy for those looking for a quieter atmosphere.

Area on third floor was more a private space, with a long table good enough to accommodate our boisterous group. It might not be 100% sound proof yet some distance from the rest of the diners would be helpful. I wrote so much also no use as the table given to us were right at the entrance! 

Those looking to chill out with just coffee / tea and desserts can consider this chic leisure space. Note, it's next to the washrooms. No smell though as they were kept spanking clean! 


My friends started streaming into the cafe and I was famished; time to fill up the tummy. There's an ala-carte menu but the pasta lunch set appeared more worth it with green tea, salad, homemade bread and a pasta.

Green Tea - served cold, it's thirst quenching for the recent hot weather Singapore is hit with! Do keep in mind that it's refillable; we didn't know about it until we asked. To me, I would have assumed that the service staff would be alert enough to automatically fill up my glass; that didn't happen for more than 30 minutes. 

Mix Green Salad - well, fresh vegetable. Sauce didn't interest me and I would be better off bringing either the Kimball Thai chilli sauce from my home or buying the kewpie sesame dressing from the NTUC supermarket at Chinatown Point. 

Homemade Bread - there were eight of us and the above were for 4 persons. So it's not free flow bread; just two types for each of us. I am not that well versed when it comes to bread and could only guess that one of them is focaccia. 

I enjoyed eating them; especially with the accompanying bread. The black one was identified by my friend as tapenade (comprised of "puréed or finely chopped olives, capers, and anchovies") and it's perfect for the focaccia bread. For a person trying to cut down on carbohydrates, I honestly don't mind having more! 

Casarecce Tomato Cream with Shrimp - how many types of pasta are you aware of? My limited knowledge puts it as five I am aware of and maybe 10-20 in the whole world. Turned out there are 350 different types and I have never had casarecce pasta before.

The tomato cream was nice although I would prefer it to be richer and more flavourful. Casarecce pasta was described as "short twists of pasta, which appear rolled up on themselves". Texture was hard in my humble opinion and I think I am better off with spaghetti / linguine. 

I did mention I was famished. Highlight to me was the crunchy prawns which shouldn't have been the main focus. It's just personal preference; at any one time, I prefer mee pok noodle over mee kia.  

Can't help glancing over at the plates of my companions; the squid ink nero looked not bad! I would have ordered that under normal circumstance but I was in the rare mood to try something different.

Dessert - complimentary even though this wasn't included in the menu! This was delicious; it felt like a flaky version of a choux pastry and I absolutely love the smooth, thick yet light tasting cream in the middle! 

=====

Address
64 Club Street, 
Singapore 069438 

Map
As above.

Website

Menu (for Lunch)
As above.

Pricing
Pasta Lunch Set - S$20.00
(Subject to GST and Service Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment