Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Blue Dragonfly Minced Meat Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) @ West Coast Hawker Centre [Singapore] #westcoasthawkercentre

Singaporeans love their bak chor mee (minced meat noodles) but I am the rare exception; not that I dislike it, just that I place higher preference for other types like fishball noodle, prawn noodle etc. 

In my recent visit to West Coast Hawker Centre for lunch, I would have likely chosen a meal from a stall I was more familiar with but the eye-catching signboard of Blue Dragonfly Minced Meat Noodles caught my attention! It appeared to be a new stall manned by a relatively young chap; my curiousity was piqued! 

While fishball noodle was also tagged as a must try, I think we should give respect to the signboard; hence, minced meat noodle dry it shall be. 6 types of noodle to choose from and my selection was, no doubt, mee pok.

Even though I was wearing a mask (mandatory given the pandemic), I can still smell the vinegar coming from the bowl of noodles! Main reason why I didn't quite like bak chor mee is because I don't fancy its usual vinegar flavour; however, this bowl of bak chor mee was delicious! 

Loads of ingredients (no pork liver) with tasty pork lard, yummy braised mushrooms, tender sliced pork, bouncy fishball, meatball with minced meat within, al-dente mee pork, and the vinegar wasn't overpowering as in the case for some famous stalls. The entire package was so flavourful; I actually slowed down my eating so that I can prolong the enjoyment.

So good; I am salivating as I am typing out the words now. One thing about the soup; it was bland alright but there's an sweetness that I actually found to be relatively interesting! 

=====

Address
726 Clementi West Street 2, 
#01-183,  West Coast Hawker Centre
Singapore 120726

Map
As above.

Menu 
As above.

Pricing
Minced Meat Noodles - S$3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment