Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Ayam Penyet (Boneless) from Zoul's Corner @ Ayer Rajah Hawker Centre [Singapore] #ayerrajahhawkercentre #ayampenyet

Ayer Rajah Food Centre is one of those hawker centres frequented so often; I would likely go back to my usual few stalls like the Fried Cockles Kway Teow. However, it was different yesterday.

Something on the menu of Zoul's Corner caught my attention and I decided to try it out. I guess many of you are well acquainted with Ayam Penyet and for me, one thing I dislike from the Indonesian dish is digging the meat from the bones! 

There were a few ayam penyet options from Zoul's Corner and the above is the ayam penyet (boneless)! Aside from me, I bet Alex would be happy to hear of this as he likes his meat in chicken rice, duck rice etc, to be deboned, where possible. 

You get your crispy piece of deep fried chicken, smashed yet retaining the juiciness within, without the frustrating need to separate the meat from the bone! I must say that this revelation is so convenient; eateries should consider having this version as an option to all their customers! 

Some would kill for the chilli from ayam penyet but it's usually too spicy for my liking and I would always opt for the sweeter kind. The chilli from Zoul's Corner combined both kinds; hot yet sweet! It's shiok to have although peals of sweat continuously rolled down from my scalp to my face and neck during the meal. 

To be honest, I did enjoy this ayam penyet, including even the soup which turned out pretty tasty and not bland like many of its competitors. It's definitely not the best but if you are lazy like Alex, yet still want a more than decent ayam penyet, this would be it. 

=====

Address
503 West Coast Drive, 
Ayer Rajah Hawker Centre,
Stall 25, Singapore 120503

Map 
As above.

Pricing
Ayam Penyet (Boneless) - S$6.50 

No comments:

Post a Comment