Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Pin Xiang 品香 - Fried Oyster Omelette @ Chong Pang Hawker Centre in Yishun [Singapore] #pinxiang #oysteromelette #chongpanghawker

I was quite happy with the char kway teow ordered from Pin Xiang 品香 a few months ago and since we were thinking of getting something to share between family members; I suggested getting a plate of fried oyster omelette.

Costing just S$5.00, I didn't like the presentation as it appeared more like diced-up omelette without much crispiness; which would be the style I personally enjoy. Nonetheless, seeing might be believing but eating is a huge determinant when it comes to food.

Surprisingly, the strong oyster flavour hit me when I took my first bite and while I don't like oyster per se; the rich taste of the sea enticed me to take another bite, and yet another one before the pager beeped to tell me that my satay was ready for collection

Each piece was actually crispy on the outside and soft in the inside; the combination was perfect and retained a much needed balance between crispiness and gooeyness (due to the potato starch). And what goes well with the oyster omelette? The saucer of sour, spicy chilli sauce! 

=====

Address
Block 104, Yishun Ring Rd,
#01-143, Chong Pang Hawker Centre,
Singapore 760104

Map

As above.

Operating Hours
9.30 am to 9.30 pm
(Closed on Wednesdays)

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Fried Oyster Omelette - S$5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment