Thursday, March 04, 2021

Mutton Briyani from Mr Tandoor @ Ayer Rajah Hawker Centre [Singapore] #ayerrajahhawkercentre #nasibriyani

It was only recently that I realized that there were quite a number of nasi briyani stalls at Ayer Rajah Hawker Centre! Even though my former favourite Hassan Rabit Mutton Dam Briyani is no longer in operation; the craving for a delicious plate of nasi briyani would still hit me occasionally, as it did last week. 

I decided to throw in my lot for the nasi briyani at Mr Tandoor, which took over the space vacated by a char kway teow said to be there for decades, before the elderly operator decided to close shop. 

Frankly, the mutton briyani didn't quite wow the eyes and the metal plate, with its unique shape, actually attracted more attention than the meal. And how come no pappadum was provided?! 

When it comes to food, appearance is secondary to the taste and I must said the latter tasted much better than the looks of the former! Rice was surprisingly soft and fluffy, and while tasty on its own; the flavour was elevated by the aromatic gravy that wasn't as spicy as it appeared to be, and the onions.

The pieces of mutton were delicious and the only complaint was the bones that came with them! As mentioned a few times before; when it comes to nasi briyani, my order would definitely be mutton briyani. The other meats, like chicken or fish, just don't appeal to me. 

=====

Location
Block 503, West Coast Drive,
#01-30, Ayer Rajah Food Centre, 
Singapore 120503

Map
As above.

Price
Mutton Briyani - S$6.50

No comments:

Post a Comment